Wednesday, October 7, 2009

a comet appears

my parents came down last weekend and we enjoyed one of the most beautiful weekends that charleston has seen in a while.  since it's been so rainy lately [ughh] it was so nice to be able to spend the entire weekend outside without a single cloud in sight.

we ate lunch at the farmer's market, went on a tour of the haunted jail, walked what seemed like the entire circumference of charleston [with beautiful, relaxing breaks at waterfront park and colonial lake], and enjoyed meals at three of my favorite restaurants---fuel, basil and bull street gourmet.

on sunday, we spent a few hours taking photographs up and down smith street/bull street. then we went closer to the center of the city and took lots of photos in the old historical cemeteries that make charleston "the holy city."

and there was a full moon sunday! it was the perfect weekend....right before all my professors crammed every assignment into the one week before fall break.










3 comments:

  1. oh my wooordd!!! those pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!! amazing! so pretty! I wish I could be that good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Sweetie Pie, that was a wonderful weekend! It was E & E and very relaxing. I enjoyed the long walk too. I'm glad the tire stayed on. I'll try to send you the picture of the 'orb'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend, and your pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete