Wednesday, September 30, 2009

heart of a lion

These past few weeks I've been volunteering at the Center for Women here in Charleston and my work has been focused on ovarian cancer awareness. My grandmother died from what they think was ovarian cancer but since it was in 1957, medicine wasn't advanced enough to correctly diagnose it.
So anyway, the Center for Women hosted an ovarian cancer awareness event at Colonial Lake today. And I wrote this press release for the event!

The event went really well, we got coverage in the Charleston's Post & Courier and Channel 5 News came and interviewed some people [and I may or may not have gotten in the background of a few of their shots....I'm just sayin'.]

And for future reference [since nobody really knows about this] September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness month....and welcome to October: Breast Cancer Awareness month!

3 comments:

  1. just sayin. HA! a press release?? how exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i wish i knew about it! i guess i should've since i can see colonial lake from my bedroom... tell me next time! that's really cool you were involved with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your butt got in the background! HA! can't wait

    ReplyDelete